New Central will seek to ensure that any identifiable personal information it collects during the registration and purchasing
processes will be adequate, relevant and not excessive f
or purposes of operating its websites or any of its services and it will be kept accurate and up-to-date based on the information provided.
New Central collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through New Central's web technologies.
The types of personal information that New Central collects directly from you may include:
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content that you submit;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational and professional interests and background information;
- Other communication preferences.
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of New Central's websites and services, we may ask
you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may require certain additional information.
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third party account (such as your Facebook account), the authentication of your log-in is handled by the third party. New Central will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third party account that
you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your New Central account to be linked to your third party account.
Information we Obtain from Other Sources
New Central may hold information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services that we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers,
search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of Your Information
New Central may use your personal information in the following ways:
- (i) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
- (ii)To send you periodic catalogues from New Central, if you have consented to receive them;
- (iii)To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about or other communications containing information about new products and services or upcoming events of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors, if you have consented to receive this information;
- (iv)For internal business and research purposes and to help enhance, evaluate and develop our websites, products and services and to develop new products and services;
- (v)To notify you about changes or updates to our websites;
- (vi)To notify you about changes or updates to our products and services if you have consented to receive this information;
- (vii)To respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- (viii)To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- (ix)To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- (x)As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- (xi) For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time, providing that we have sought your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
New Central will not disclose your personal information to any third party except as follows:
- (i) Where necessary in connection with services provided by intermediaries, who are required to comply with this policy. These service providers provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production and business management services;
- (ii)If you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement, with the third party serving the advertisement;
- (iii)In order to comply with the law or requests by law enforcement agencies, to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others;
- (iv)In the event that all or substantially all of the business or assets of New Central relating to this service are sold or otherwise assigned to another entity, personally identifiable information may be transferred to such entity;
- (v)Where necessary in connection with providing publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, provided we have your consent.
New Central may disclose to carefully chosen third parties navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics but only in forms that do not reveal your identity or personal information.
Cross Border Transfers
New Central may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
- (i)In order to process your transactions. This may occur on servers in countries other than the country where you live. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- (ii)In order to satisfy global reporting requirements. New Central may be required to provide your personal information to New Central affiliates in other countries.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
Disclosure in Chat Rooms or Forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information--such as your name or e-mail address--that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users (e.g. on bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. New Central cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and shall seek your consent to use your data for such marketing purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal data.